The Township of North Bend provides two dumpsters for RESIDENTS of the Township of North Bend to deposit garbage into. These dumpsters are located adjacent to the Township Shop at N536 River Lane. You as a Town resident may deposit garbage bags into the dumpsters, however, you must place $2.00 per bag into a cash slot near the Town’s Maintenance Shop door. Please bring correct change. Please, do not place electronics or hazardous materials into the garbage dumpsters.
The Township of North Bend provides a recycling dumpster for RESIDENTS of the Township of North Bend to deposit recycling into. The recycling dumpster is located in an open portion of the Township Shop located at N536 River Lane.
Items that may be recycled:
Glass—Food and Beverage Bottles and Jars.
* Plastics—#1 through #7.
* Metals—Rims, brake shoes, auto parts, scrap metals, etc. are accepted, if not contaminated. A Metals Dumpster is available for larger items at the Jackson County Recycling Center.
* Aerosol & Paint Cans—Need to be empty and dry. Lids removed.
* Newspaper & Phone Books—Please leave loose.
* Magazines & Glossy Paper—All magazines, stapled or glued, and cartons are accepted. Please leave loose.
* Office & Computer Paper—White or colored paper including copy paper, stationary, white envelopes, pastel paper and window envelopes.
* Cardboard & Manila Envelopes—Corrugated or ribbed cardboard ONLY. Boxes MUST be flattened.
Items that may NOT be recycled:
* NO GARBAGE
* NO STYROFOAM PRODUCTS
* NO WINDOW GLASS, DRINKING GLASSES, LIGHT BULBS, PICTURE TUBES, DISHES, CERAMICS, STONEWARE, POTTERY, PERFUME OR AFTER SHAVE BOTTLES
* NO CAPS OR LIDS ON BOTTLES OR JARS
* NO OILY OR GREASY CARDBOARD OR GRAYBOARD
* NO PERSONAL HYGIENE ITEMS
* NO YARD WASTE SUCH AS BRANCHES OR CLIPPINGS
For additional details on the Jackson County Recycling Program, see attached brochure.
Jackson County Recycling Program
Please do not place any plastic bags in the recycling dumpster.
Please deposit cardboard along the wall adjacent to the recycling dumpster. Cardboard must be broken down and laid flat on the cardboard pile.
Spring and Fall Large Item Deposit
The Township collects electronics, appliances, and other large items at its landfill on Hall Road bi-annually (April and September). Check this website for the exact dates. Because the Township does not have an outlet for mattresses and box springs, these items will not be accepted. Again, you must be a RESIDENT of the Township to participate in these events.
Due to misuse of the dumpsters, break-ins and non-residents dumping trash when not authorized; the Township installed camera surveillance of the Shop/Garbage and Recycling areas. Violators of Township policies will be prosecuted.