ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Township of North Bend, Wisconsin
LRIP–Township Road Improvement Program
Project ID: 39508802101 – Back Street
(Intersection of State Highway 54 southward to intersection of North Bend Drive)
Notice is hereby given that sealed bids will be received by the Town Clerk, Township of North Bend, Wi until 5:45 pm on Thursday, June 25, 2020 at which time bids will be publicly opened and read aloud at a Special Town Board Meeting for the purpose of reconstructing Back Street.
This project includes reconstruction of Back Street (approximately 492 linear feet in length). The selected contractor is expected to:
- Pulverize and relay the existing asphalt material
- Add/compact 3” average compact thickness of crushed 1 ¼” aggregate base course and set desired concave grade to ensure water flows in the center of the street
- Add 3 1/2” average 58-28 asphalt mix in 2 lifts
- Saw cut existing driveways and repave to ensure a smooth and easy transition
- Raise 1 sewer manhole and finish to grade
- Remove/replace one 18” x 45’ (approximate length) culvert at the North end of Back Street—add asphalt flumes
- Landscape and backfill resident lawns
- Follow existing street dimensions (width and length)
All work shall be in accordance with the requirements of Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Standard Specifications for Highway and Structure, 2020 Edition or its latest revision.
Bids shall be submitted on the form provided for that purpose and in accordance with Bidding Requirements prepared by the Town of North Bend. Bidding documents are hosted below (see links) or directly from the Township Clerk, Sarah Henderson (608) 317-8325. Bids shall be directed to the Town of North Bend Clerk, c/o Sarah Henderson, W20615 Mckeeth Drive, Galesville, WI 54630. The bid shall be securely sealed and endorsed on the outside wrapper as “Bid for Back Street.”
Successful Bidders Must agree to:
- Comply with minimum wage requirements in effect for the State of Wisconsin.
- Submit a current Certificate of Insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 General Liability Limit and State required limits for Workers Compensation
- In accordance with Wis. Stat. 62.15(3) all bids must be accompanied by a certified check or a bid bond equal to 10 percent of the total bid payable to the Town of North Bend as a guaranty that if the bid is accepted the bidder will execute and file the proper contract and bond within the time limited by the Town. If the successful bidder so files the contract and bond, upon the execution of the contract by the Town the check will be returned. In case the successful bidder fails to file such contract and bond the amount of the check or bond shall be forfeited to the Town as liquidated damages.
- Complete project not later than September 30, 2020.
The Town of North Bend reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive irregularities and informalities therin and to award the Contract in the best interests of the Town of North Bend.
For questions about the project and/or to request a walk-through in person to discuss the unique aspects of this project, contact Town of North Bend Supervisor Kevin Kamrowski at 715-896-0253.