On March 4, 2020 the Wisconsin Department of Transportation formally announced that the Town of North Bend will receive a $427,000 grant to reconstruct a 1.6 mile stretch of West Indies Road.
Click Here to View DOT News Release
As part of a “Public-Private Partnership” with Antal Dairy Farm, the Town submitted a $610,000 project to totally reconstruct and widen shoulders on West Indies Road from the intersection of Ridge Trail Road Southward to State Highway 54. Selection for the Multi-Modal Supplement Grant was based on economic development and safety enhancement criteria. Due to the heavy agricultural road travel and daily safety concerns regarding steep banks and rolling hills, the State agreed to offer funding for the project.
Wisconsin DOT will contribute 70% of reconstruction costs while the Township is responsible for the remaining 30%. As a partner with the Township, Antal Dairy will contribute $12,500 to help offset the Township share. The Town has 6 years to complete construction.
Over 1400 applications were submitted to Wisconsin/DOT by Counties, Cities, Villages and Townships. Of the $75 million in State funds at stake, only 84 Township projects received funding. The Town of North Bend/Antal Dairy project was the only one selected for funding in Jackson County.
The Township wishes to thank Antal Dairy for its assistance during the application process. It’s undeniable that the unique “Public-Private Partnership” approach set us apart from the myriad other applicants.